[ltp] Thinkpad 600 CDROM woes

Martin Sanborn linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:03:09 -0600

On Wednesday 14 November 2001 12:57 pm, Tod Harter wrote:
> Well, in my experience ANY ide device that starts giving you that
> "DriveReady SeekComplete Error" stuff is in bad shape, though it can be

That's been my experience too, though my experience with laptop hardware has
been relatively limited.

> classic set of symptoms for CD drives. Its POSSIBLE you could have a dirty
> lens, you could try cleaning it.

I am going to try cleaning it sometime soon, and see if that helps. I doubt
it, though. It just behaves too much like dying hardware.

Thanks for the suggestions from everyone.

Marty Sanborn

--
| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |