[ltp] strange locking up thanks to the modem..

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:13:47 -0500

Mine seems to work great, except after I rebuilt my kernel the other day it
now refuses to load lt_serial "on demand", but if I su and do a modprobe
/dev/ttyLT0 it works fine from then on. Even that problem is recent and
probably just some dumb problem I created myself when I did a rebuild.

I have found that the lt_modem works pretty well actually. Not quite as fast
as my USR internal in my desktop, and sometimes fails to negotiate error
correction, but the connection seems stable.