Ot: Re: [ltp] Thinkpad 600 CDROM woes

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:08:02 -0500

Well, I can touch type... but I still hate VI ;o).

To be honest I have yet to find a *nix text editor thats really 100%
suitable. I have tried Nedit, Edith, various versions of Emacs, and probably
a few others I forget. They all have clunky interfaces. What I want is
something pretty much exactly like Textpad32 on windows. As a programmer, I
find that to be the easiest to use editor around.

KDE's "kwrite" application is getting pretty close, but it still has some
general bugginess. In fact ALL X Apps seem to have general bugginess. More
and more I think someone needs to put some real money into cleaning up Linux,
or else we should stop wasting our time with using it on desktops (and
Laptops).

OK, sorry for the off-topic......