[ltp] strange locking up thanks to the modem..

Jimmy Freese linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 20:32:29 -0800 (PST)

>Does anyone on the list have the Lucent modem
> working fine?

Yes, I have a lucent modem working well on my A21m
with MDK 8.1, 2.4.8.
Every once in a while I have to do a insmod lt_modem
and insmod lt_serial when my ppp program (kppp) says
that it can't find /dev/modem. That seems to fix it.

There were RPMs for my kernel but I opted to do a
./build_module instead. Worked fine for me. I believe
it was 6.00b4. I downloaded it from the German site.

One thing I did have to do was to do was a symbolic
link (ln -s) from /dev/modem --> to /dev/ttySL0 (I
think it is something like that, not in front of my
laptop right now).

Hope this is some help.

Jimmy
Gold Coast, Australia