[ltp] CRT and LCD at the same time?

Robert Andersson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 22:46:28 +0100

DS> Unfortunately, neither IBM nor Tim nor S3 paid any heed to my
DS> request for help with this issue. As far as I know it affects any
DS> of the S3 chipsets that support 1400x1050. Apparently this
DS> includes the T21 and T22 with the higher resolutions. I am not
DS> sure about the T23. IBM has totally ignored my pleas for help,
DS> perhaps hoping that ignoring us will make the problem go away.

doesn't ibm sell t21/22 with linux on them, that has this high
resolution? if so they'ld be shipped with caldera open linux. anyway i
should report this problem to ibm support and see what they have to
say... in any case i will remind them again about this problem.

DS> Tim says that he is either not being paid by IBM/S3 or is not
DS> allowed to work on this issue. It doesnt even appear on his page
DS> as a remaining issue that needs to be resolved.

errr...???

DS> I tried to tweak Tim's s3switch utility and had limited success. I
DS> was working blindly in that I didnt have the specs to the Savage
DS> chipset (I tried contacting S3 for the specs to no avail). Others
DS> have reported no success with my tweaks.

hmm yes i came accross this code just a few hours ago an i will test
it on monday. *keep your fingers crossed*

thanks for your help and i hope we can keep this issue open so that s3
and ibm will finally come up with a permanent remedy to this problem.

yours,
/robert

--
Systems Administrator
Swedish National Graduate School of Language Technology