[ltp] tp 770z crystal cs4610

Willard Fullam III linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:46:17 -0500

Thought I would pass on my experience with a TP770X. I think there is a
bug somewhere as alsa will also try to identify the sound device as a
CS461x series. No amount of work has ever gotten that to work. From
this and other lists, SuSE-E for instance, and some reading through the
modules.conf file I have gotten sound to work using these entries in my
modules.conf:

#
# YaST2: sound cards support
#
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-cs4236
options snd snd_cards_limit=1 snd_major=116

#
# YaST2: sound system dependent part
#
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-11 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd-card-cs4236 snd_cport=0x538 snd_dma1=1 snd_dma2=0
snd_fm_port=0x388 snd_irq=5 snd_isapnp=0 snd_mpu_irq=9 snd_mpu_port=-1
snd_port=0x530
post-install snd amixer set Master 85% unmute;amixer set PCM 85%
unmute; amixer set Aux,1 85% unmute

Note that in KMail I am seeing line wrapping. The "options snd-card"
and the "post-install" lines are wrapping.

The CS4236 work fine for me using the latest beta alsa drivers which I
have presently installed.

If you have recently installed alsa you can try editing your
modules.conf to add something similar to the above. I then run depmod
-a and restart to confirm sound is running.

Hope that helps.

--
Willard E. Fullam III
wfullam@bellsouth.net