[ltp] Re: cardbus network adapter recommendation

Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:15:10 GMT

It's a cliche already, but if you buy a NIC, go for 3Com - I have both the
"normal" and the XJack 3C575, and they both work flawlessly (though I have
only used them until Kernel 2.2.18). The 3Coms are usually a tad more
expensive, but my experience suggests that spending a couple more bucks
saves you time and trouble on the long run. IMHO.

Thomas Vogels writes:

> Hi, to put the subject in a complete sentence:  does anyone have a
> recommendation for a network adapter that
> - is cardbus (i.e. 32 bit) based
> - has linux drivers
> - works with pcmcia/hotplug support in the later linux kernels ?
>
> I have a netgear fa511 which simply refuses to receive data packages
> under pretty much any configuration...
>
> Thanks,
>   -tom
>
> --