[ltp] [760E] IRQ problems due to no "IRQ router PIIX" ?

Gregor Hoffleit linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 00:06:39 +0100

I'm still looking for hints why my TP 760E isn't able to configure the
PC Card port with kernel 2.4.x.

Now I discovered that regularly, an PCI IRQ router is set up by the
kernel, like:

  PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfb3f0, last bus=1
  PCI: Using configuration type 1
  PCI: Probing PCI hardware
  PCI: Using IRQ router VIA [1106/0686] at 00:07.0
  Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4

For my TP 760E, I only see:

  PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfd930, last bus=6
  PCI: Using configuration type 1
  PCI: Probing PCI hardware
  Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4

Later on, I then get

  PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:02.0. Please try using pci=biosirq.

With kernel 2.2.19, the PCMCIA subsystem was able to setup the
PCI-to-CardBus interface anyway (using irq10), but with 2.4.x, the
yenta_socket tries to use PCI irq0, which fails.

I would be glad if somebody could give me a hint where to continue
searching for a solution.

Does anybody have a TP 760E with an "IRQ router" setup in the kernel ?

    Gregor