[ltp] X21 series

David Roundy linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 06:02:13 -0800

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 09:59:06AM +0000, Ross Burton wrote:

> I am thinking about purchasing a IBM Thinkpad X21 (166UK) which comes
> with integrated 10/100 ethernet and modem.  Are these devices supported
> under Linux?   Is the rest of the laptop supported in Linux?   I plan on
> installing Debian unstable and thus kernel 2.4.15 hopefully.

I just recently set up my X21, which has a (purchased separately from IBM)
intel ee100pro/lucent miniPCI combo card, which works nicely.  I had a lot
of trouble getting the modem to work, but that was because my phone outlet
didn't work (mistake when rewiring the phones).  :)
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/