[ltp] X22

Lai Zit Seng linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:53:50 +0800 (SGT)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, David Roundy wrote:

> I know nothing about the X22, but my X21 is well supported.  If it has the
> eepro100 combo card, that's what I have and is well supported (I've not
> tried faxing, though).

I wonder if anyone has any input on this:

My XFree86 sets the display to 60Hz if it starts up in LCD mode, and stays
in 60Hz even after switching to CRT mode (even though the X config allows
higher refresh rate).

If I start XFree86 in CRT mode, I can get 85Hz refresh rate. But once I
switch to LCD, it goes to 60Hz and sticks there even after returning to
CRT mode.

Is there anyway to have XFree86 change the refresh rate dynamically?

I could get the refresh rate change dynamically as appropriate on my T20
(using S3 Savage chipset).

Regards,

.lzs