[ltp] hibernation problems with tp560z

Guy Yasko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
28 Nov 2001 02:25:39 +0900

hibernation still isn't working with my thinkpad.  here's what i'm
doing:

i used lphdisk --probeonly and set up a primary thinkpad hibernation
partition of the recommended size, 132mb.  (hda1 -- does this matter?)
after rebooting, i ran lphdisk to format the partition.  after
inserting the tpctl 3.0pre3 modules, removing the pcmcia card, and
issuing a 'cardctl suspend' command, i ran tpctl --H.  rather than
going into hibernation, the machine told me

tpctl: SMAPI BIOS error 0x91 ("system is invalid") --exiting

any suggestions?

thanks in advance,

g.y.

--