[ltp] hibernation problems with tp560z

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:38:03 +0000 (GMT)

On 28 Nov 2001, Guy Yasko wrote:

> hibernation still isn't working with my thinkpad.  here's what i'm
> doing:
>
> i used lphdisk --probeonly and set up a primary thinkpad hibernation
> partition of the recommended size, 132mb.  (hda1 -- does this matter?)

lphdisk doesn't necessarily work for all thinkpads - in more recent
thinkpads, you seem to need a FAT16 partition with a FAT16 filesystem on it,
with certain magic files, and then boot from the IBM boot disk to set it up.
YMMV.

--
"... I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.  All these