[ltp] more hibernation problems - this time with X21

Kevin Krause linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:46:11 +0100

OK, one more report here: I just freed up enough space on my TP X21/384MB
to create a hibernation partition, as hibernation to file didn't work with
full RAM expansion (while it worked well under Linux with the stock
128MB). So I created that partition with phdisk.exe and got a success
message (seemingly it only succeeded in overwriting my boot sector...
grrr), but pressing FN-F12 under Linux just gives me a beep, no
hibernation. Same for lphdisk, except that it leaves LILO intact. tpctl
--H says "SMAPI BIOS error 0x91 ("system is invalid") -- exiting."
Called IBM support, they say that Linux is not supported on this kind of
box, so their options are to stick with Win2K or not use hibernation.
Hm. Anybody out there who got hibernation to work under Linux with a
machine like mine?

--
Kevin Krause
Hamburg