[ltp] ACPI status on ali M7101/M1621 chipsets?

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:13:26 -0500

You should also be pretty skeptical about Linux ACPI support in general. From
my readings of various message lists relating to kernel and APM issues it
would seem that Linux ACPI support is at best very primitive. Given the
ugliness of issues relating to power management already, my advice would be
to avoid ACPI like the plague until it is a LOT more mature. With the newer
series of machines it doesn't seem that vital anyhow. The "A" series machines
for instance work great and with few issues using APM. What more could you
want?