[ltp] Replacement LCDs (for 770X)?

hal King linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:21:25 -0500

How about upgrading laptop screens? I have a 1400i That's great, but the max
   resolution I can get is 800x600. Anyone ever heard of upgrading the the
   screen?

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 04:35:22PM -0800, Harry Mangalam wrote:
" Oh boy did I ever not want to be writing this...
"
" Walked out of the room with laptop plugged in & running, screen open, new puppy running free.  Did errands. Walked back in, laptop on floor, closed but still running, opened it up to find 7 years bad
" luck.  Plugged it into an external monitor and did the Fn+F7 and the ext screen lit up perfectly as if I'd never left - the guts are apparently working perfectly, but the screen is abstract art.
"
" Anyone know where to go and how much a new screen for a 770X is?  Or a used, intact 770X?
"
" --
" Cheers, Harry
"
" Harry J Mangalam -- (949) 856 2847 (v&f) -- mangalam@home.com
"                     [plain text appreciated]
"
" ----- The Linux ThinkPad mailing list -----
" The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
" http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html

--

hal king    Unix System Group / The University of Tennessee at Knoxville
pgp key http://web.utk.edu/~hck/hal.asc