[ltp] 2nd HDD in Multibay (600x)

Robert Hajime Lanning linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:06:59 -0700 (PDT)

I upgraded my 12GB HD in my 600X to 30GB.  (not supported but with the
removal of a clippon spacer it fits perfectaly)  I then bought the
ultraslimbay HD adapter.  The BOIS will not allow you to swap that drive
unless you do a full power down. period.

works great.

I have MP3s on the 12GB and every thing else on the 30GB.

running Slackware 7.1

---- As written by Boyan:

> Hello,
>
> slowly and surely my 12Gb Hdd in the 600x 5FG is feeling quite small for
> the software I use. I wander if anyone of you have used the option of a
> second harddrive in the CDrom bay?
>
> Would a multibay hdd work under linux or should I better leave linux on
> the original hdd and load w98 in the multibay? Or is it just not worth the
> price and efforts and should I simply buy an external PCMCIA hdd?
>
> Thanks for any advice or reply,
> Boyan.

/* Robert Hajime Lanning                             lanning@lanning.cc
** Trade: Unix Systems Administrator (Senior level) (SAGE IV)
*/
#include <std_disclaimer.h>