[ltp] cs4232 Sound on Thinkpad 600e (Thomas)

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 13:55:08 +0100 (BST)

 --- Tom Allison <tallison1@twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a cs4614 audio.
> but when I did: lspnp I got "/proc/bus/pnp" not available!!!
> Is this a BIOS setting I need to fix then to make PNP available?

You need to install kernel 2.4.10-ac4 with "PnP BIOS" driver
enabled in order to use lspnp and setpnp.  (Alternatively,
you can install David Hinds's pcmcia-cs package in lieu of
kernel PCMCIA drivers, building it with PnP BIOS support
enabled; but the Hinds PnP BIOS driver contains more bugs
than the one in 2.4.10-ac4.)

BTW, the latest prerelease pcmcia-cs tarball contains the fixed
setpnp program.  With the fixed program you can disable a
resource by doing, e.g.,
     setpnp 0b irq off
(On my machine this particular command disables the parallel
interface irq.  The parport drivers will still work with the
parallel interface in this mode, by polling.)  Doing this is
not possible with formerly released versions of setpnp.

--
Thomas

=====
Linux on ThinkPad 600 page: http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm