[ltp] RH7.1 on Thinkpad 240: HD doesn't go on standby...

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 12:30:50 +0200

On Saturday,  6. October 2001 20:47, Ralf Mehlan wrote:
> Installation of "noflushd" alone didn't do the job. I had to do the
> following:
> * edit /etc/syslog.conf and change "cron.*" to "cron.warn"

Hm. Have you tried this: (from the README of noflushd-2.4)

* Heck, I'm not within 50 yards of the machine but it keeps spinning up!?

[...]
Make sure to tell syslogd not to sync logfiles after each write. (Go to
/etc/syslog.conf and prepend all the less important logfiles with a '-'.)
[...]

Tino