[ltp] New user with question

Ted Love linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 15:09:45 -0400

A year ago I bought the T20 (preinstalled with caldera) - and recently upgraded
to RH 7.1 without any problems at all.  The only thing I have changed since it
came from the factory is that I removed the mini-PCI modem, and bought the
Intel mini-PCI modem/ethernet. The ethernet part of this card works like a
charm, however the modem part accepts the lt_winmodem driver, initializes, and
returns ATI commands with no problem.  But when I go to dial out, I hear the
modem dialling, but it doesnt actually dial the line (I get an operator error
message just like if you left the phone off the hook too long).  I have tried
it both at home and work, so I know its not the phone line.  Anyone have any
ideas on this?
Thanks
--Ted