[ltp] Keyboard freezing in X

Robert W March linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 15:36:39 -0400

I am running RH7.1 on a TP600E type 2645-4AU.
Periodically, in the X display,  the keyboard freezes and is
unrecoverable.  All that is left is mouse motion and the power
button.

This happens whether the desktop is GNOME or KDE.

I upgraded XFree86 from 4.0 to 4.1.0 .  This did not clear the
problem.

Has any one else seen this behaviour and found a solution?

Here is the device section of my XF86Config:

# Graphics device section
#

Section "Device"
    Identifier        "Generic VGA Card"
    VendorName        "Unknown"
    BoardName         "Unknown"
    Chipset           "generic"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier         "NeoMagic 256 (laptop/notebook)"
#   Option     "Rotate"
#   Option     "pciBurst"
#   Option     "ShadowFB"
#   Option     "NoStretch"