[ltp] T22, Xfree86, savage IX

Heather Guse linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:45:34 -0500

I have been trying to get the video to work properly in Xwindows on my T22.  I am running RedHat 7.1 with XFree86 4.1.0

When I first set this up it was running XFree86 4.0.3 and a slightly older savage driver built into RedHat 7.1.  I have since upgraded XFree86 to 4.1 and downloaded the most recent savage video driver.  Two problems have not been fixed with this upgrade:

I am still having problems with the overall resolution.  My font looks like it is squished together.  Very difficult to read for any extended period of time.

Second problem is that when I leave Xwindows or try to switch to a tty all I receive is colored verticle bars.

Any ideas?
Heather Guse