[ltp] Setting up to install RH on a new ThinkPad 600

Thomas J Vogels linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
08 Oct 2001 14:22:23 -0400

On Fri, 2001-10-05 at 12:47, John Garvin wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 01:25:34PM -0700, Mark Atwood wrote:
> 	I have cs-pcmcia 3.something.29 installed. Not working yet,
> but I'm certain it's configuration problems, not software. I have
> some intermittent problems with X freezing up the machine using
> fvwm2 also, and I think it's the same issue. I couldn't use any
> XF86Config files posted on the tp600 users' sites- X reported
> 'no screens found' (I imagine because I'm running the later version).

FWIW, I installed the X server (R3.?) from Precision Insight last week
as I'm running Debian 2.2 on my TP600.  Works like a charm and comes
with sample XF86Configs that work.  If you get error messages about 'no
screens' thne you're running X11 R4.? and you can search this mailing
list for how to fix XF86Config-4.  Don't forget to upload your
successful XF86Config to the web :-)
  -tom