[ltp] Serial port on TP600

Luca Benelli linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:53:55 +0200

Hi everyone.

	I'm trying to get Linux working on my TP600 (2645-3I0)...
Everything seems to work fine except for the Serial port, I can't get a
connection to a router or other devices...

I've tried tpctl and thinpad 3.0pre1 and pre2. Using minicom I just
can't get it to work, has anybody had similar problems before?

I've already asked the "gurus" here at work and they can't get it
either.

Being quite new to Linux I'd rather don't mess much around, but I've
already recompiled the kernel to support serial devices, etc.

Thanks in advance to everyone.
Luca

PS: The make all / make install procedure of the pre2 versions seems to
work better than the pre1 versions.
	Thanks.

<< Luca Benelli - Networking assistant
<< Net Communications