[ltp] Recovery CD after HDD upgrade on 600x.

Boyan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 19:22:58 +0200 (Hora de verano de Europa Occ.)

Hello,

quite a strange problem after I upgrade today the hard drive to
the travelstar 48Gb. Suddenly the recovery CD with win98 cannot
install the system. After partitioning and formatting the drive
it starts copying files and stops saying: "The recovery process
failed. Please reboot he computer and try again.": and on other
occasion "Registration/Configuration error, please try again"

Had anyone encountered similar problem?

The problem is not the hard disk, for I installed linux (suse
7.1) and it works great. Quite odd, may be it is connected with
the change of the HDD ID?

A medicine or a hint will be greatly appreciated.

Boyan.