[ltp] irda

Mike Johnson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:35:13 +0200

On Saturday 20 October 2001 02:59, Tom Allison wrote:
> I'm trying to get my irda working (again) on my A21m Thinkpad.
> I had it working once.
> I booted into Win98 to make sure that the IR port is turned on.
>
> Here's the log (syslog) attached.

My guess is that you have a conflict between another
device and your IR chip. Either an IRQ or the I/O port.

I had exactly the same problem last time I was messing
around with IR myself. I ended up having to exclude IRQ 3
from the PCMCIA setup as the card manager was assigning
IRQ 3 to my network card.

However, I have to say that I have had no luck at all getting
IR working on the latest Mandrake, even though I had it
working in SIR mode on the previous version with a stock
2.4.10 kernel.

Regards,

Mike.