[ltp] Oops!

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:25:21 -0400

Yeah, I had no real problems on my A20p with 8.0 either. I dug up the
"ltmodem" driver that runs Lucent winmodems and it worked fine, though it
took a bit of crowbaring to get it to install. The NIC is a standard Intel
etherexpress pro 10/100.

I did find that I had to go into /etc/sysconfig/apmd and tell it NOT to down
the network on suspend, as that caused the eepro driver to become brain-dead
and force a reboot to get the network back up. On the other hand you DO have
to tell apmd to stop your audio subsystem and restart it, otherwise THAT
doesn't work right after a suspend!

Haven't tried 8.1 yet, but I think I'll try installing it on my 380D and see
how it looks.