[ltp] Thinkpad key in T21

Ted Love linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:12:32 -0400

I should probably make an attempt to verify if I would be violating any
licensing terms by redistributing.
I recently setup my T20 to dual boot the IBM/LinuxCare install of
Caldera and RedHat 7.1.  I have been slowly porting things over from one
side to the other.  I copied some of the files over for the tpbutton -
and didn't get it to work correctly in the limited time I had tonight.
It uses a kernel module (tpsys.o) which I forced in without a problem.
It has two binaries - tpbutton and gtpbutton (and I haven't discerened
the difference in function - except that the startup (init.d) script
calls gtpbutton).  I suppose it was close to working when I started the
daemon and it continuously spawned new processes of netscape until I was
out of memory.  I didnt find any source files - only binary versions of
the kernel module and tpbutton.  The script does give credit to
"Created for COL on Thinkpad T20,A20m by David Kaiser
<dkaiser@linuxcare.com>."
So it looks like it was part of the custom work that linux care did for
IBM.
I don't see any license though... I'll try to look into it, and as soon
as I find out we're kosher, I'll post it on the web.
Peace,
--Ted