[ltp] pilot-link on TP240 not working

Ken Firestone linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 06:40:29 -0800 (PST)

Have you tried any of the other palm connectivity programs for Linux?

Ken

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Ralf Mehlan wrote:

   Yes, it's on. BTW when I boot ito Win98 and use the PalmDesktop there it
   works perfectly.

   Ralf

   -----Original Message-----
   From: owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
   [mailto:owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com]On Behalf Of Ken Firestone
   Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 2:49 PM
   To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
   Subject: Re: [ltp] pilot-link on TP240 not working

   At the risk of asking a "dumb" question: Is the serial port turned on
   in the bios configuration?

   I know on my 240 I leave it turned off to cut down on power usage.

   On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Ralf Mehlan wrote:

      Hi,

      I am trying to get pilot-link and jpilot to work on my Thinkpad 240 but
   was
      unsuccessful so far.

      My configuration is:
      - RedHat 7.1 with KDE
      - pilot-link 0.9.5
      - PalmPilot V with cradle connected to serial port

      I did "setserial /dev/ttyS1" added a symlink to "/dev/pilot" and test
   with
      "dlpsh". It starts and asks for pressing the hotsync button which I do,
   but
      nothing happens after. The Palm simply does not connect.

      What can I do to debug it? Any changes to the serial port?

      Thanks for any help,

      Ralf