[ltp] Internal Modem on TP 600

Paul B Schroeder linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:24:15 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Thomas Hood wrote:

> The mwavem program is available in source code form.
> I have prepared a Debian binary package.  There may also
> exist an rpm somewhere.
There is an RPM which is included in the SuSE 7.2 distro..  I believe the
"professional" version??  I don't remember which version of the Mwave they've
got, but it should work..  If you don't have the professional version, it can
be found if you poke around the SuSE ftp site long enough..

Also..  The 7.3 distro has the 1.0.1 version..  Which is pretty close to the
most recent 1.0.2...

> Assuming you are compiling the driver, you need to give
> ./configure the "--with-linuxsrcdir=" option with an argument
> that names the patch to the source of the kenrel into which
> you want to load the driver module.
i.e. Make sure you have the kernel source installed on your system if you're
going to build the module from the mwavem dist..  It's probably easiest to
make sure you have the kernel-source RPM installed so that your running kernel
matches the kernel source tree...

Cheers...Paul...

--

Paul B Schroeder