[ltp] Re: Access Thinkpad for Linux

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:45:01 -0400

I believe there is a Linux application that is triggered by the TP button;
I think this has come up before but I don't have a copy of the mail. I
would recommend you check out the IBM Tech Support site for the file.

On the Windows preloads that I am most familiar with, this would launch a
combo howto and info app (largely html content). In a general sense it was
pretty good. Of course it also had the abilitiy to connect straight to IBM
support as well as other product resources(ie., sales, etc.). I can see
why IBM wouldn't want its internal folks to have this work either.

Later I actually took a look at the content and some it it was really
pretty useful. Oh well, it was all or nothing.

It would be nice to have it more configurable and the support software
also configurable.

ThankYouKindly!
Willard E. [Bill] Fullam III
wfullam@bellsouth.net