[ltp] Re: hibernation + X freezes A20p

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:14:05 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Alan Shutko wrote:

> * The sound modules have been unloaded before hibernation?
>
> It's possible that these might not be the problem, but I hibernate
> fine on my machine, and have been hibernating fine since XF 4.0.1 or
> so.

Could well be sound - I should check the debian apm scripts haven't been
reinstalled at the last upgrade, as they are iirc buggy in that they don't
pass certain classes of events on to your event.d scripts. Also, since
posting, I've noticed that alsa doesn't seem entirely happy...

--
"I don't want to go to the movies to be horrified and depressed."
"No, I suppose you've got real life to do that."