[ltp] I need Linux on my ThinkPad 600E but...

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 23:43:17 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Pino Giaquinto wrote:

> I need Linux RedHat 7.1 on my ThinkPad 600E but...
> -----
> WARNING: DO NOT TRY I2C & LMSENSORS ON YOUR THINKPAD, IT WILL PROBABLY HOSE
> YOUR EEPROM
> There have been two reports (that I know of) of people testing the I2C

Don't use any of the programs in the lm-sensors packagae - sensors-detect,
in particular, is evil wrt  to thinkpads. Once you're up and running, if you
want to be extra safe, compile i2c support out of your kernel.

As far as I know, none of these programs are run automatically, so you
should be able to install your distro of choice and then remove the
offending binaries.

--
"He was too young to be taken from us."
             'You were the one who cut him in half with a chainsaw, dude.'