[ltp] I need Linux on my ThinkPad 600E but...

Paul Hahn linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 21:45:17 -0700

Hi, I have RedHat 7.1 installed on my Thinkpad 240 currently. You will
not have any problems if you do not install the lmsensors package. I am
not sure where it is at in the install proceedure-- I have not installed
RedHat in a while-- but you can select packages individually before
proceeding with the installation. Do this and do not install this
package. Red Hat will inform you if the package has any dependencies
that it cannot install that use this. Just do not install them.

P.S.: If you do install it it will not automatically damage your laptop
as it is not loaded into the kernel. I actually have it on my machine--
but don't use it. This is dangerous though, and is only a temporary
situation-- as I was in a hurry when I installed it. A quick web search
reveals more details about how to install this and I know there are many
sorry I could not help more.

PSH