[ltp] Still having prob with X on 600X

Jan Csernoch linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:54:51 +0200

Hi!

I run

xf86-4.1.0-10
SuSE 7.2
KDE 2.2

I have constant hangups and freezes sinceever I use my TP600x with Linux. Now
since I upgraded I have a new and more violent one.

With no apparent reasons X freezes on me and I can only move the pointer.

The only solution on this is to login from an other machine and

shutdown -h now or shutdown the machine by force.

CTRL-ALT-F1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 won't help.
CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE neither.

If I just restart then I won't have any GUI at all (seems like some X
problem). I have to wait until I start the machine again.

If I ssh into the host and view top, then X is using 9x% of the CPU.
Even if I kill the process and telinit to console level, then restart I still
have the problem and there is no GUI...

Can anyone help me,
JCs