[ltp] I need Linux on my ThinkPad 600E but...

Ravi Pratap M linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
05 Sep 2001 09:56:28 +0530

On 03 Sep 2001 23:43:17 +0100, Vivek wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Pino Giaquinto wrote:
>
> > I need Linux RedHat 7.1 on my ThinkPad 600E but...
> > -----
> > WARNING: DO NOT TRY I2C & LMSENSORS ON YOUR THINKPAD, IT WILL PROBABLY HOSE
> > YOUR EEPROM
> > There have been two reports (that I know of) of people testing the I2C
>
> Don't use any of the programs in the lm-sensors packagae - sensors-detect,

	Well, I did this :

	Installed RH 7.1 as usual. Remember that you are only in trouble if you
run the sensors-detect program as Vivek here points out.

	I then did a ruthless rpm -e --nodeps lm_sensors and I don't think I
have to every worry about that again !

	Regards,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchovny in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi@ximian.com>
                      <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>