[ltp] TP380ED - how can I open it???

Nicolai Nielsen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:17:11 +0200

>I have a TP380 ED and I want to open it (something is not ok with
>microphone in) - but I can not. Probably I did not find some screw...

Hold there just for one moment.  If you cannot get the microphone in jack
to work, it might be because few, if any, thinkpad models provide power to
the microphone. Many microphones today are active microphones, meaning
they need power from the microphone jack to work.

If you have never before used the microphone jack, and you are getting no
sound, this is probably the reason. What you need is a "Thinkpad Adapter".
You can get it from http://www.andreaelectronics.com (they call it
"T-100").  I called them and got them to ship it via regular mail, since
it's a bit too silly to pay $10 for shipping a $5 item...

Med venlig hilsen / Regards,
Nicolai Dufva Nielsen  -  "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way
that bricks don't"