[ltp] Re: hibernation + X freezes A20p

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:14:24 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Vivek wrote:

> Could well be sound - I should check the debian apm scripts haven't been
> reinstalled at the last upgrade, as they are iirc buggy in that they don't
> pass certain classes of events on to your event.d scripts. Also, since
> posting, I've noticed that alsa doesn't seem entirely happy...

Hmm - no, not sound, as far as I can tell - I disabled sound completely by
hand, unloaded all the modules, hibernated from X, came back up - instant
lockup - it got as far as redisplaying the gdm login screen, then froze
solid.

I'll try fiddling with my APM kernel settings, see what that does.

--
Everyone would _like_ a first. By the time you get to the third year,
you become more fatalistic, until you get to the point when a kippered