[ltp] RedHat 7.1 on Thinkpad 240?

Ralf Mehlan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:02:29 +0200

Dear All,

I am running RedHat 7.1 (Seawolf) with XFree 4.0.3 and kernel 2.4.2 from the
installation CD on a Thinkpad 240 with 192MB RAM. It runs fine except for
suspend/resume and hibernate. When waking up to an X session, the whole
machine freezes and only a power off helps.

I read in the various faqs and howtos that I should recompile the kernel and
maybe also update  /etc/sysconfig/apmd.

Can anybody give me some more detailed directions? Maybe a config file for
the compilation of a working kernel? What about using an older kernel or
even going back to XFree 3.3.6?

Any help is very much appreciated. :-)

Ralf