[ltp] Installing second hard drive

Brian Button linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
08 Sep 2001 13:53:41 -0500

I'm trying to install a second hard drive in my Thinkpad 770X
(9549-7AU), so I can give linux a lot more room (this is the Linux
tie-in for this post :))

Does anyone have any experience with installing TravelStar 20Gig
(9.5mm height) drives into the 770 ultra bay slot? What extra
hardware do I need? I have the HDD adapter for the ultrabay, which is
all IBM tech support said I would need, but they were very, very
wrong.

What else do I need? Just a caddy, or do I need a drive spacer as well?

Thanks,
bab

--
Brian Button            bbutton@objectmentor.com
Senior Consultant       Object Mentor, Inc