[ltp] Installing second hard drive

Brian Button linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
08 Sep 2001 14:44:53 -0500

    Rob> +---------- On Sep 8, Brian Button said:
    >> Does anyone have any experience with installing TravelStar
    >> 20Gig (9.5mm height) drives into the 770 ultra bay slot? What
    >> extra hardware do I need? I have the HDD adapter for the
    >> ultrabay, which is all IBM tech support said I would need, but
    >> they were very, very wrong.
    >>
    >> What else do I need? Just a caddy, or do I need a drive spacer
    >> as well?

    Rob> Both of those terms mean the same thing for the 770.  This
    Rob> page calls it a hard drive shell and lists it for $79:

Yeah, I saw that Bill had them, but I wasn't sure if this was all I
needed. The thinkpad tech support guy swore up and down that 11J8941
was all I needed, but it came today, and I obviously need more.

Thanks for the advice, and I'll order one from Bill.

Thanks,

bab

--
Brian Button            bbutton@objectmentor.com
Senior Consultant       Object Mentor, Inc