[ltp] APM suspend hangs on T21 (10% of the time)

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:54:23 -0400

Approximately every once in ten times, my T21 hangs while trying to
suspend the machine (using apm -s) requiring a cold-reboot.

There doesnt seem to be any pattern to it (it can happen the second time
I try to suspend or the 8th time). The only constant feature is that the
screen freezes with a diagonal pattern akin to a desynched display.
I dont hear the hard-disk so I suspect its a problem with the graphics
driver/chipset but I have no certain proof that it is.

Does anyone else see the same problem on their T21s? My model is the one
that came with the SXGA+ (1400x1050) resolution (with the Savage IX
chipset)

DS
--
D. Sen, Room E167