[ltp] APM suspend hangs on T21 (10% of the time)

Michael Reinsch linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:10:46 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:54:23 D. Sen wrote:

> Approximately every once in ten times, my T21 hangs while trying to
> suspend the machine (using apm -s) requiring a cold-reboot.

Does your distribution come with any scripts which are executed by the apmd
before / after suspending? What are they doing? If you are using XFree86 4,
check if they switch to a text console before suspending - this will hang
my T20.

You could also try to switch to a text console, look at your syslog there
and then try to suspend several times and see if you find something before
it hangs.

--
  Michael Reinsch <mr@uue.org>                       http://mr.uue.org