[ltp] Redhat 7.1

Shane Broomhall linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:59:37 +1000

Hi Karl,

A couple of month ago most Linux lists were going a little crazy about the
lmsensors part of red hat that was suspected to fry Thinkpad Mother Boards,
I own an A20m, it is currently in the shop at the moment getting a bigger HD
and more Memory, but I asked if it was susceptible and I was advised it was
not.  However just to be on the safe side dont put on the lmsensors or
lm-sensors package and you should be fine. I had 7.1 running on my a20m for
a few months with no probs.

Cheers

Shane Broomhall

Brisbane Australia

shanebroomhall@computer.org

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
[mailto:owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com]On Behalf Of Karl W Knight
Sent: Tuesday, 11 September 2001 8:45 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
Subject: [ltp] Redhat 7.1

I have been running Redhat 7.0 on my IBM Thinkpad A20m (type 2628) for
nearly a year now.  I need to reinstall my OS, and thought that I might
as well upgrade to RH 7.1.  However, I seem to recall that there were
some concerns expressed on this list several months ago about 7.1 on the
A20m.  If anyone remembers this, could they email me details (off-line
if you prefer).

Thanks, and sorry if this has been talked about too much.

Karl Knight

------
Karl Knight                       office: 312 Olin
Math and CS Department            email : karl@gac.edu
Gustavus Adolphus College         phone : (507) 933 7479
800 W. College St.                FAX   : (507) 933 7041
St. Peter, MN 56082-1498         (FAX is shared; mark to Karl Knight)