[ltp] A20p Hibernate/Resume Freezes (Update)

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:11:43 +0100 (BST)

Recap: My thinkpad A20p, Debian/woody kernel 2.4.9/Xfree86 4.1.0, freezes
on resume from hibernate, _if_ it hibernated while X had control of the
display _and_ it's been in hibernation for a significant period of time
[ a few minutes doesn't seem to be enough to trigger it, overnight ( ~8
  hours) does ]. If it went into hibernation while the vesa fb console had
control, then it comes back Ok, and I can switch back into X with C-M-f7,
but next time I exit X, [or sometimes if the screensaver kicks in] it
freezes [Not pingable, appears to be locked up solid]. Suspend doesn't
appear to trigger this problem. The only way to recover seems to be to
press the power button till the hard hard-poweroff occurs.

CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is on, but the problem has ocurred without it as
well, and the problem manifests under both kernel-2.4.7 / XFree86-4.0.3 and
kernel-2.4.9 / XFree86-4.1.0.

Sound [as someone suggested] isn't the problem, because the problem occurs
even if I disable sound and rmmod all the sound modules by hand before
triggering hibernation.

If someone has an A20p that hibernates and recovers from/to X correctly, I
would love to see their kernel/Xfree86 config. (BIOS version would probably
also be handy).

--
Sysadmin (n): The untrained being underpaid for doing the impossible with
the obsolete