[ltp] Partition Magic or DrakX on A21m?

Peter Hayward linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:46:20 +0930

--=_alternative 00019018E9256AC7_=

In my experience Partition Magic is Ok however it had a major failing (for
me) whenever Bill released a new version of Windows( mainly NT based)
Partition Magic would insist on not working and would require a version
upgrade of it to work as advertised. It also had the most yukky front end
, really in your face.

I went looking around and someone else had suggested a product called
"BootIt" (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com). This product is less than
half the price of PM and does all that I need ie creating partitions for
Linux (native and swap etc), works with any operating system, provides a
pleasant interface at boot time, partition resizing, sliding, security etc
etc.

I now have a setup with Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP Pro and
Linux. I have tried various distros (Mandrake, Caldera, Redhat) for Linux.

When I first started, I had some questions from their support people and
they responded very quickly.

I'd recommend this product.

PS My sympathy to all those effected by the attacks in the US. It has
really had a big effect on the people of Australia that I've met.

regards,
Peter Hayward                           E-mail: petehayw@au.ibm.com
South Australia,
Australia 5063.