[ltp] Detecting a kernel message

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:35:55 +0200

On Saturday, 15. September 2001 04:56, Thomas Vogels wrote:

> I guess you leave your pcmcia card always in the laptop?  My simple,
> hardware-based solution with having to deal with two networks, is to
> put the network card in the upper slot on campus and in the lower slot
> at home.  Trivial to handle in network.opts...

Hm. Maybe I missed the point, but I wrote a script that parses selfmade
network configurations in a specific directory ("work", "home" etc.) and
shows a dialog where you can choose what network configuration should be
used. This script is started by /etc/pcmcia/network.opts whenever a PCMCIA
network card is inserted. I found it very usefull.

I've never heard of the "scheme" option of cardctl, but it seams to me that I
reinvented the wheel. :-/

Tino