[ltp] New Kernel problem

Marc Huffnagle linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:20:28 -0700 (PDT)

I have a problem that I'm stuck on.  I just compiled a
new kernel version 2.4.9.  When I try to initialize
PCMCIA on bootup it says:

"ds: no socket drivers loaded"

When I check the logs I find this error right before
that one:

unresolved symbol isapnp_find_dev_R7651deff

I'm using a 3com OfficeConnect PCMCIA NIC with a
Thinkpad 380D.  It's working with my old kernel (I'm
using it now) but gives me this error with the new
one.  I have all of the PCMCIA host bridges enabled in
General Setup.  I also have the driver for my NIC
enabled as a module under Networking.  I know that's
the right driver but I don't think that's the problem,
I think that it just can't initialize the PCMCIA slots
for some reason.  If there's any other information
that would come in handy let me know.  Thanks.

     - Marc