[ltp] Re: How do I find what winmodem I have ? And how do I get USB running ?

Madhusudan Singh linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 21:49:33 -0400 (EDT)

Got some additional information from IBM's website :
http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/MIGR-4XHP53.html?lang=en_US&page=brand&brand=IBM+ThinkPad&doctype=Downloadable+files&subtype=Cat

Just the win98 installation instructions - they give a hint as to its
identity.

"1.Start Windows 98SE.
                               2.Click Start, select Settings, then click
Control Panel.
                               3.Double-click on System.
                               4.Click the Device Manager tab.
                               5.Expand the Modem section.
                               6.Select Lucent Technologies Soft Modem AMR
and click Properties.
                               7.Click the Driver tab.
                               8.Click Driver File Details.
                               9.Highlight the file
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LTSM.VXD. The file has the version number embedded."

The above were details for installing the driver for win 98. It makes
reference to Lucent Soft Modem AMR.

Is there a Linux driver for this ?