[ltp] usb floppy

Mark Ritchie linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:59:48 -0700

Jose Felix Coronado wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm having problems mounting my Extenal USB Floppy Disk Drive. I tried
> /sbin/modprobe usb-storage bud when I try to mount the /dev/sda, i got a
> unknown device message error. Somebody can help me?
> I'm running Slackware 8.0, kernel 2.4.5, IBM Thinkpad i1200.
>
> Jose Felix Coronado

I ran into a similar problem once.  I had installed a second hard drive,
and the next time I went to use the cdrom, I couldn't.  The reason?  I
had not set the bios to detect all three primary master, primary slave,
secondary master.  When I added the third device, all was fine.

Mark
--
Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parent,
gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.