[ltp] IrDA ...

Mike Johnson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:34:02 +0200

On Thursday 20 September 2001 18:00, you wrote:
> When I was using kernel 2.2.?? on my A20m, I could easely connect my
> cellphone, download phonebook and SMS and things like that.
>
> After I installed kernel 2.4.7 I could not do that again?

I just got IR to my 6210 working on kernel 2.4.9 on my A20p.

It is only working with the irtty module, but then again I don't
really need faster than 115,000 b/s to my phone.

Kernel config looks like this:

#
# IrDA (infrared) support
#
CONFIG_IRDA=y

#
# IrDA protocols
#
CONFIG_IRLAN=y
CONFIG_IRNET=m
CONFIG_IRCOMM=y
# CONFIG_IRDA_ULTRA is not set
CONFIG_IRDA_OPTIONS=y

#
#   IrDA options
#
CONFIG_IRDA_CACHE_LAST_LSAP=y
CONFIG_IRDA_FAST_RR=y
CONFIG_IRDA_DEBUG=y
#
# Infrared-port device drivers
#

#
# SIR device drivers
#
CONFIG_IRTTY_SIR=m
# CONFIG_IRPORT_SIR is not set

#
# Dongle support
#
# CONFIG_DONGLE is not set

#
# FIR device drivers
#
# CONFIG_USB_IRDA is not set
# CONFIG_NSC_FIR is not set
# CONFIG_WINBOND_FIR is not set
# CONFIG_TOSHIBA_FIR is not set
# CONFIG_SMC_IRCC_FIR is not set
# CONFIG_ALI_FIR is not set
# CONFIG_VLSI_FIR is not set

I have set up the IR port in the BIOS to be at COM1:'s address.
Therefore I get /dev/ttyS0 as the infrared port.

At boot time (via init) I run irattach as below:

/usr/sbin/irattach /dev/ttyS0 -s

That then gives me a working /dev/ircomm0 that will talk
to my phone and dial out as a normal modem. I also symlink
/dev/ircomm0 to /dev/modem.

Hope this helps,

Mike.